Evaporators for BCTMP Liquor
The liquor from a BCTMP plant has a high COD (Chemical Oxygen Demand) value of 15 to 22 kg/t of water and the specific water consumption of around 10 m³/t of pulp.
It is economically and environmentally justified to replace the conventional biological effluent water treatment plant with an evaporation system and concentrate combustion in a recovery boiler.
- Condensate from evaporation can be used as washing water in the BCTMP process
- Recovery of chemicals
- COD is converted into steam in the recovery boiler
- Up to 8-effect trains with falling film evaporators
- High DS possible with up-flow falling film concentrator
- Low steam consumption due to flashing of the liquor and condensate from effect to effect
- Excellent condensate segregation
- On-stream washing system for each effect
- MVR falling film evaporators as pre-evaporator